Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Extended Weekend in Rocky Mountain National Park

We ventured into Rocky Mountain National Park for a 4-night, extended weekend trip at Moraine Park Campground.  Each day we were treated to dramatic skies, sometimes with ominous storm clouds and at other times with views that almost seemed painted.  It was a perfect backdrop for the Airstream.  I am fortunate and thankful to live close to a beautiful National Park with so many opportunities for camping, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors.




Beautiful Rocky  Mountain Vistas
A River Runs Through It - Moraine Park, in Rocky Mountain National Park, is a perfect spot for wildlife viewing and fishing.

One doesn't need to venture far from the road to capture amazing landscapes.  This picture was taken at one of the many turn offs on Trail Ridge Road through the Park.

Our campfire seemed to light up the sky.

Elk, moose, and deer provide many photo opportunities.
So nice to wake up to the bubbling sounds of our shiny new coffee percolator.

One day we took a trip to beautiful Grand Lake, just outside the west entrance of the Park.


I wish I was as photogenic as my Airstream.

Clouds over the aspen trees in Moraine Park

I admit it.  I am intimidated by the awning, and I almost never use it because of this.  It is never as easy to set up as I think it should be.  Again we had troubles, and I think it is because I am doing something in the wrong order.  Note to self - research awning set up procedure before next trip; it shouldn't be this hard!
Watch out for peeping toms - caught this guy snooping around our campsite.

Heading home after a wonderful weekend in Rocky Mountain National Park.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photography! I think you must live in one of the most scenic areas of the country! Sure enjoy seeing the world through your eyes...

    ReplyDelete